Skip to content

Work Permit/LMIAWe provide the best services with professional expertise!

Most foreign nationals need a work permit to work in Canada. There are 2 types of work permits.

Employer-specific work permit

An employer-specific work permit lets you work in Canada according to the conditions on your work permit

Open work permit

An open work permit lets you work for any employer in Canada, except for one that: is listed as ineligible on the list of employers who have failed to comply with the conditions or regularly offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages

In most instances work permits will only be issued after the employer gets the Positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).

To apply for a work permit, you must have:

– a job offer from a Canadian employer
– written confirmation from Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) that the employer can hire a foreign worker to fill the job. This confirmation is called a positive labour market opinion.

Get in touch

Have any questions? We would love to hear from you. Give us a call or fill in the form and we’ll be in touch!